Thursday 5 July 2012

Once upon a Summertime

As the rain roars relentlessly on my glass roof, I reminisce about the earlier Summer. It may have been the last whisper of sun rays, that sang of summer as we dream it to be. Harsh sunlight doesn't bode well for pretty pictures, but even worse is grey drizzle. Always one to see the sunny side of things, I'm loving not having to water my garden, pretty umbrellas, snuggling under shelters and dramatic skies, even stealing romantic kisses in the rain. Still I have to dig deep, darkness and water will never be best friends to my camera equipment. 

Luckily, during a time when it didn't rain, I was approached by talented knitwear designer Naomi Godden to photograph her collection inspired by movement, dance and water. Seeing that water is so of the moment, here are a few water inspired images...Now Summer where did you go? Please come back! Along with my bottle of Pimms, we love you and miss you! 

Special thanks to model Olivia Wreford, also a gifted dancer, for making the shoot a dream to capture. LOVE x














Above: quote from Naomi's inspiration

Designer: Naomi Godden http://www.naomigodden.com
Hair and Make-up Artist: Harry Andreou
Model: Olivia Wreford


4 comments:

  1. These are gorgesous Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ashley...let's hope the sun shines now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful Stephanie - can't wait to do an outdoor shoot with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Alex, I can't wait either. Hopefully minus the rain! :)

    ReplyDelete