Wednesday 26 March 2014

Sneak Preview: Matthias & Dagmar's elegant Islington Town Hall and J & A Cafe Wedding in London, UK








     






On Saturday I had the great pleasure of photographing the sweetest couple, Dagmar and Matthias. They held a wonderfully intimate wedding celebration, full of understated elegance and style. Many guests travelled from Germany to witness this happy day. I've been excitedly following Dagmar's never ending Pinterest board, so knew the day would be awash with beautiful mint and blush tones (my favourite) and lovely details, but oh my nothing quite prepared me for so much pretty. Dagmar looked quite the Hollywood starlet from a bygone era. Her statuesque figure and elegant demeanour set her dress off perfectly, a modern day Marlene Dietrich... Matthias and Dagmar decided to meet before the ceremony for a "first look". This is the first time I've captured such an event, and I hope it won't be the last as it was such a joy to photograph pure emotion. The "first look" is traditionally seen in the US, and rarely occurs in the UK. It was moving to watch the couple’s first glances at one another, both looking so beautiful; I think I was just as excited as the couple! After their Islington Town Hall ceremony, everyone jumped on a red route master bus to the J & A Cafe in Clerkenwell for feasting, sipping champagne from vintage saucers and dancing to the 1920s band called Albert Ball's Flying Aces. I hope you enjoy my first few favourite images from the day; I can't wait to work on the rest!   :) LOVE x


8 comments:

  1. Dear Steph, A million thank you for capturing these stunning photos. We love them and will share them already with our friends and family. We are so lucky to have you found. Best greetings from a remote location without reliable mobile network ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you like them Dagmar and thank you for your lovely words. Enjoy your well deserved honeymoon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Steph,
    Maybe you remember me, I am Britta from France, we sat at the same dinner table and you told me about your love for Ladurée macarons ;o)
    The wedding photos are just wonderful and they perfectly reflect the romantic and glamorous atmosphere of Dagmar’s & Matthias wedding.
    I hope you are fine and that your move to Copenhagen went smoothly.
    Good luck for this new adventure and if ever you come to Paris, let me know !
    A bientôt
    Britta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Britta, many thanks for your kind comments. Yes I remember you and our Ladurée conversation! Lovely to meet you and likewise if you happen to in Copenhagen do drop me a line :) A bientôt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photographs of a lovely wedding. They capture the spirit and the bride and groom very well. It was lovely chatting with you over dinner - I was sitting across from you :o). Best of luck for you settling into Copenhagen. Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Susanne. I'm mid move at the moment and really enjoying working on more images from Matthias and Dagmar's beautiful day. Looking forward to sharing more :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your work <3 Beautiful

    ReplyDelete